- This event has passed.
ATM Class Summer Session 2
August 1 - September 14
Tuesday mornings / Thursday evenings
Feldenkrais Method Awareness Through Movement (ATM)
“Movement is life. Life is a process. Improve the quality of the process and you improve the quality of life itself.”
– Moshe Feldenkrais, D. Sci., 1904-1984
- Seven Tuesdays: 9:30 – 10:30 AM, August 1 – Sept 12 (with Nick), childcare available
- Seven Thursdays: 6:00 – 7:00 PM, August 3 – Sept. 14 (with Maggie)
- Any seven classes: $120, or $80 JCC Member Value Price
- JCC members: register by 20 days before the start of class for an additional $10 discount.
- Newcomers and drop-ins are welcome any time.
- To register: call 651-698-0751 or click here
- ATM class guide: what is ATM and how to do it
Vacation-friendly flexibility: As always, if you register for the whole session you can make up any classes you miss at any time during the session by attending the other weekly class, even before an absence. Or, if you’ll miss too many dates to want to register for the session, simply drop-in anytime.
Learn to move, move to learn. This class is devoted to exploring the basic process of Feldenkrais study: to learn by developing your self-awareness to function more effectively and comfortably as you move through your life, in order to improve your quality of life. Feldenkrais will help you notice habits of action and movement where you work against yourself, and provide you with the means to replace those habits with ones that are more efficient, pleasant, and sustainable over a lifetime.
Open to the public. No experience necessary. The only prerequisites are being able to safely get down to lie on a mat on the floor and get back up again, and fluency in English. Movement explorations are done gently and reflectively, usually while lying on a mat in various positions.
If your habitual ways of moving are working against you, to the point that you are breaking down more than you are able to restore yourself, then this is the class for you. But it is also for any person, of any movement skill level, who wants to learn how to attend more deeply to how they create, initiate, and engage in movement. These lessons are highly integrative in helping you move with the quality and ease you want for your life.
A few of the typical benefits of regular Feldenkrais study:
- Reduce pain, tension, and fatigue as you move with more skill and greater freedom
- Improve your posture and enjoy movement more
- Move and exercise with a greater sense of integrated, whole body coordination
- Develop better, more balanced, and more flexible ways of supporting yourself