- This event has passed.
Organizing Your Feet for Balance, Posture, and Power
November 14, 6:45 pm - 9:15 pm
A Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement (ATM) workshop at The Marsh, in Minnetonka, MN, just off I-494.
Foot pain or arch trouble? Do you experience aches or stiffness in your feet, knees, hips, or lower back? This workshop will use ATM lessons to explore and enhance the use of your feet and their relationship to the rest of yourself. Using your brain’s extraordinary ability to learn more efficient patterns of movement and action when given the right sensory information, you’ll explore:
- how a supple, intelligent use of your feet and knees can improve your balance and reduce chronic pain in your feet, legs, and back.
- how to feel and find the particular use of your feet that most improves your posture.
- how well-organized feet recruit your legs, back, and breath for powerful athletic movements.
This workshop will include ATM lessons in standing and lying (mostly on your back) positions, and discussion of neuromotor learning and the biomechanics of the foot. After the workshop home study materials will be provided to participants by email.
- Tuesday evening November 14, 6:45-9:15 PM
- $45 / $39 for members of The Marsh
- Call 952-935-2202 to register.
- Map and address below.
- View and share Facebook event link
- ATM class guide: what is ATM and how to do it
Nick Strauss-Klein is a full-time Guild Certified Feldenkrais Teacher and 2006 graduate of the New York Feldenkrais Method Professional Training Program. In addition to his one-to-one Functional Integration practice, Nick has taught over a thousand hours of group Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement classes and workshops. Nick’s online audio lesson project delivers free Feldenkrais lessons to students all around the world.
Questions? Contact Liz Anema at 952-930-8528 or Nick at 612-412-8060, or email Nick.
A recent student in Nick’s Feldenkrais classes at The Marsh, Amanda Straka, 38, RYT, CPT, Thai Massage Therapist, says
I found Nick’s course valuable and eye opening. I am a instructor of movement myself, and this was my first experience with the Feldenkrais Method. It was a holistic and enlightening way to engage body/mind/breath connection. Nick is incredibly knowledgeable about his material, clear and concise in his direction, and truly passionate about what he teaches. No matter what your moving and/or healing path is, try his class, it open a whole new awareness for you.