- This event has passed.
ATM Class Summer Session 1
June 10, 2014 - July 24, 2014
Tuesday mornings or Thursday evenings
- Theme: Freeing the Pelvis, Abdomen, and Back
- Tuesdays, 9:30 – 10:30 AM, June 10 – July 22 (with Nick)
- Thursdays, 5:45 – 6:45 PM, June 12 – July 24 (with Beth)
- $120, or $80 JCC Member Value Price for any seven classes (either day) this seven-week session
- JCC members $10 off with early bird registration by 6/1/14
Many exercise and wellness modalities focus on the pelvis as “the core,” but often the approach is focused on strength and effort, rather than refining our use and awareness of the multiple sophisticated muscle groups–large and small–of the pelvis. Sometimes we are even told to consistently hold the tummy tight to protect the lower back, or do Kegel exercises with maximum effort to “strengthen” the pelvic floor. Many times these undifferentiated efforts don’t lead to improvement.
Developing our use of the pelvis, abdomen, and lower back into a more refined, free, and adaptive “core” through the Feldenkrais Method can improve a wide variety of functions and ailments: from the free use of our legs for walking and powerful athletic movements, to the stability and comfort of our spines, to improved balance, digestion, continence, sexual function, and confidence.