- This event has passed.
Feldenkrais Method: Moving Out of Pain
October 14, 2014 - November 19, 2014
- Five weeks (no class October 28), 7:00-8:30 PM
- WEST METRO VENUE: The Marsh, in Minnetonka just off I-494.
- $175 / $125 for The Marsh members (textbook included with tuition)
- Register by October 7 at the The Marsh’s website, or call 952-935-2202
- No drop-ins possible for this course
- View-and-share Facebook event page
- Print-and-share flyer
A small group learning experience with time for individual attention available. This five-week introductory course is designed especially for people who are experiencing significant pain or movement limitations, or simply want to dive deeper into the theory, practice, and benefits of the Feldenkrais Method. Each 90-minute class will include:
- one or more beginner Feldenkrais movement lessons tailored to the needs of the group
- discussion about the ideas at work in the lessons and how to apply them in day-to-day life
- time for questions and answers
- specific homework recommendations from the book Relaxercise, a simple, illustrated “Feldenkrais Basics” manual included with tuition
The only prerequisite is being able to get down to lay on a mat on the floor and get back up again safely. Bring a bath towel to fold for head support in class. Many movement lessons will take place in simple chair-seated positions.
Contact me for more information, or to discuss if you’re not sure this class is appropriate for you.
Nick will be in touch with registered students by email before the class to conduct a short interview about your self-improvement goals and any movement or pain limitations you might have.