Founding Donors, Sustaining Donors, Planned Upgrades, and Funds Raised
Visit this page for fundraising updates as we transition to the next phase of The Feldenkrais Project, our 100% donor-supported collection of online lessons. We’ll be launching a new website and improving our presentation, user experience, and marketing in service of our vision. We’d like to thank our growing ranks of founding and sustaining donors who are making our future website at www.feldenkraisproject.com possible, and inspiring others to give what they can!
The Feldenkrais Project’s Vision:
- Spreading the life-changing benefits of Feldenkrais study as widely as possible, including to those who lack funds or access to in-person study
- Elevating awareness of the Feldenkrais Method and driving interest globally in local practitioners and classes wherever they’re available
- Expanding our listener community and building on the success of our worldwide, grassroots funding model
Founding donors have contributed $100 or more. Sustaining donors have committed to a monthly contribution of $20 or more. Check out what these donors are saying below.
If you join as a Founder or Sustainer now, before the website launches in early 2019, you’ll:
- Be recognized on this page, inspiring others to donate. I’ll reach out to ask how you’d like to appear (even anonymously, by initials and/or location if you wish).
- Be recognized permanently as a Founder on www.feldenkraisproject.com when it launches.
- Be invited to participate in a Zoom video conference in early 2019 for a face-to-face project update and a live Feldenkrais lesson with me! We’ll provide access to the recording if you can’t join us live.
- Receive a year of member benefits on the new site. These are likely to include: easy download access to all lesson mp3s, an area to sample and comment on potential lessons or raw audio from class, various user experience upgrades, and future Zoom conferences (quarterly, we hope!) for updates and live classes.
- Discuss with me the possibility of linking your listing below (and on the new site’s founder’s page) to a good cause of your choice, or perhaps to something you’ve created…or, if you are a Feldenkrais Practitioner, to your own practice!
We are working on finalizing website features (which we’ll share here ASAP), hiring an artist to create the look of The Feldenkrais Project, and improving our global marketing strategy to spread the benefits of Feldenkrais as widely as possible and secure ongoing, long-term funding for this important work. We’d love for everyone who can to pitch in. I am donating all my own hours spent shepherding this very exciting upgrade.
We estimate we’ll need more than $6,000 to hire quality writing, marketing, design, web, and tech professionals for a smooth transition to the new site. We’re on our way! If you haven’t donated yet, we can really use your help right now.
Thanks for all your support!
– Nick Strauss-Klein
PS – Please see below what our Founders and Sustainers to date are saying about why they support The Feldenkrais Project.
Founding Donors ($100 or more):
Gail Fishman, $250, Feldenkrais Professional Training Program trainee, Maryland, United States:
I have been doing Feldenkrais for at least 20 years…I am focused on improving my organization and function primarily. I have a bunch of fused vertebrae low and high and am always searching for my body and how to organize myself for comfort and function. I discovered your lessons and find them so easy to understand and follow and very encouraging. Thank you for providing these free online lessons so anyone can turn to you for help at any time!
Linda Flanders, $200, Feldenkrais Practitioner specializing in trauma victims, works at www.hope-coalition.org, Red Wing, Minnesota, USA:
What you are doing with donor-supported ATM’s for people is wonderful. I LOVE your project and your teaching style. TEACH the world! I really think you are on to something that Moshe Feldenkrais would be proud of, an excellent new business model.
…I just made another donation since I am so proud of what you are doing, and I just tried another lesson. I have taken up boxing at the young age of 70! Sometimes I get carried away and I woke up this morning with very strained back muscles. I was able to focus myself on what was moving/not moving, and in 10 minutes of the very first move, I was good. Jumped up and am off to work.
Diana Jacquot, $200, Maryland, USA:
I’m 78, still skiing, gardening, hiking, owing my active life to Feldenkrais. I add you to my list of memorable teachers as I have benefited so much from your online offerings. I’m so looking forward to the fruits of your new project.
Jessica Cook, $200, finance professional, Minnesota, USA:
Nick’s in-person classes have transformed my life, and I’m thrilled to now be able to share them with my friends and family online! Feldenkrais has retrained my nervous system, dramatically reduced my pain, and improved my every-day ease and comfort. I am so grateful for the lessons available at home whenever I need one.
Sharon O’Connor, $200, Physical Therapist and Feldenkrais Practitioner, Minnesota, USA:
I truly appreciate Nick’s wonderful lessons! In my experience, Nick’s excellent teaching style and knowledge of the work are of the same caliber as attending a professional Feldenkrais training program. I am contributing to this project because I believe it will make the method more widely known, so more people will benefit.
Once I discovered Nick’s lessons, I gradually stopped using my other recordings of those ATMs. His precise teaching is filled with just enough anatomical details, vivid imagery and cues to spark curiosity and offer attentional guideposts without being overwhelming. He brings equal parts joy and intelligence to his classes, making listening and learning a pleasure. In considering my contribution, I chose a multiple of 18, the numerological equivalent of the Hebrew word for “life”, in honor of Moshe Feldenkrais who said: “Movement is life and without movement life is unthinkable.” I’m supporting this project because I can’t think of a better way to bring more Feldenkrais to the world and introduce more of the world to Feldenkrais!
Mary, founder and repeat donor, $240 contributed:
I consider myself fortunate to be able to contribute. Not only do I get to benefit from your audio ATMs, but I also get to help fund such a worthwhile project!!
JR, $100, software developer, USA:
Thank you for your philosophy of sharing ATM with everyone. Without your graciousness to make your course available to the internet without any upfront cost, I would have never discovered Feldenkrais. This has literally changed the way I look at life and how I live within my body. I cannot thank you enough.
Julie Sandler-Friedman, $100, PT MS, physical therapist and Feldenkrais Practitioner, New York, USA:
Your online lessons are beautiful. Your voice quality, word choices, timing, clarity, specificity and, finally your attitude of warmth and acceptance, make your lessons true gems. I use them myself, and recommend your site, and your ATM lessons, to my patients and clients all the time.
NM, $100, retired teacher:
Feldenkrais gave me the joy of living in a body, somehow inaccessible to me before. In moments of awareness I know find pleasure in the many random movements in a day, walking, reaching up, bending down. I am so grateful for this awakening. I’d like to have a small part in what Nick is offering to everyone.
Beth Middleton, $100, childcare professional and RIE(R) Intern, Minnesota, USA:
Nick’s project has deepened my understanding, awareness and appreciation for both Feldenkrais and how I move. I donated because I believe this project to be valuable, healing and helpful. Thanks, Nick!
Sustaining Donors ($20 per month or more):
Elizabeth Suhr, $20 per month, Melbourne, Australia:
I decided to set up a monthly donation because
1) I love your lessons, which are so well presented and allow me to enjoy the benefits of a wonderful teacher and class when I can’t get to one here in my home city.
2) I wholeheartedly endorse your view that more people discovering and practicing Feldenkrais will make the world a better place and I applaud your initiative in trying to make that happen. It makes sense to me that those of us in a position to contribute something financially do so – it’s a small but important gesture to help you provide something so worthwhile to the widest possible range of people. In my experience the periods in life when we most need certain kinds of support tend to be the same periods that we least likely to have the means to access them, so hopefully regular donors help people who are not able to donate at the moment.
3) I want you to be able to continue your great work!
THANK YOU again for donating, and reading about why all these listeners want to support The Feldenkrais Project. Please join them!